Temporary part-time 30 hours vacancy for a Café Manager in Newton Abbot, with a view to permanent.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and motivated manager to work in a café providing work experience with adults with special needs. We are open 7 days a week.
Set in a beautiful park in Newton Abbot the staff are adults with special needs, their enablers and volunteers.
Knowledge and skills required:
- A catering background with at least one-year experience as a manager or assistant essential
- Food hygiene level 2 certificate with a willingness to achieve level 3.
- Knowledge of food hygiene, allergen legislation and food safety management systems and effectively managing them within the workplace.
- Management experience in delivering Health & Safety policy at ground level. Knowledge of legislation, statutory and contractual obligations.
- Enhanced DBS or a willingness to apply for one.
- Supporting adults with special needs and volunteers, to undertake duties within the café to include maintaining rota.
- To encourage new volunteers and process their induction
- Updating polices to ensure compliance with all legislation
- Food preparation.
- Opening and closing procedures including assisting with cleaning.
- Ordering and managing stock and suppliers.
- Ensure a good and consistent customer experience.
- Being innovative to increase sales.
- Alerting the trustees to any concerns around safeguarding.
- To attend a monthly meeting with the trustees and raise any concerns or constructive ideas for consideration.
This is a part time opportunity, 30 hours flexible over 7 days. Initially for 6 months with an opportunity to extend if successful.
If you would like to discuss the role further please phone Julia Verwey on 07402295736 and arrangements can be made for you to visit the café.
Applicants need to email their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org